Call for Expressions of Interest for the Primary Care Workforce Education Steering Group
Qtopia, in partnership with the Professional Association for Transgender Health Aotearoa (PATHA), has been contracted by Te Whatu Ora Health New Zealand to provide a national workforce development programme around gender diversity and gender affirming care, training GPs/NPs, primary, and community care teams around the country in providing safer, responsive care to trans and non-binary communities around Aotearoa.
Today, we're calling for expressions of interest from members of our communities to join a steering group to guide this mahi.
This steering group of key stakeholders will support the design, development, and delivery of the workforce development programme. Membership on the steering group will include:
- a minimum of two Māori transgender, non-binary, takatāpui, or clinical perspectives
- a minimum of two Pasifika transgender, non-binary, MVPFAFF+, or clinical perspectives
- lived experience perspectives from transgender and/or non-binary tāngata whaikaha
- perspectives from clinicians experienced in providing high-quality care to transgender and non-binary tāngata whaikaha
- youth voices
- perspectives from a range of primary healthcare professionals, including at least one general practitioner (GP) or nurse practitioner (NP).
The steering group for this project will meet up to six times in the first year of the project, and quarterly following. These are paid positions.
For more information, check out the full Expression of Interest document.
Applications are due by 9pm, Wednesday 4th of October.
Send all applications, expressions of interest, and questions to email@example.com. Applications should include a brief cover letter, CV, and details of two referees.