Qtopia recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
You are not required to provide us with any personal information that we request. However, if you decide not to, we may not be able to communicate with you or it may make it difficult for us to provide certain services to you.
Additional rights and obligations
Collection of personal information
Types of personal information we may collect
The personal information we collect will vary depending on how you use our website or services, or otherwise interact with us. For example, we may collect your:
Contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address.
How we collect personal information
Generally, we collect personal information directly from you. We may also collect your personal information from a third party if you have authorised them to provide, or authorised us to collect, that information.
For example, we collect your personal information from you when you:
- Make a donation.
- Make a complaint, enquiry, or provide feedback.
- Register to volunteer.
- Apply to be a board member.
- Apply to be a staff member.
- Subscribe to email updates.
- Become a member of Qtopia.
- Are referred to our peer support services.
- Register/buy a ticket of an event produced by Qtopia.
Payment card information
We use a payment service provider to process all payments made using our Website. Our current payment service provider is Stripe.
Your payment card number is not held by, and is never revealed to, Qtopia.
Information you provide to third party ticketing providers
Qtopia and its events use third party ticketing providers (such as EventBrite) for all events. Qtopia will have access to contact information provided to events organised by us (such as the Pride Ball).
Use of personal information
Qtopia may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- For the general operation of Qtopia and our events.
- To process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you.
- For any other purpose that is authorised by you or permitted by law.
We may also use your contact information to send you information about Qtopia (such as information about our events or ways to support Qtopia). This may include contacting you via email, phone or other electronic means. To opt-out of receiving communications you can email us at email@example.com.
We may use aggregated and anonymous information for research and analytical purposes (we will ensure that you cannot be identified as identifiable characteristics are removed).
Disclosure of personal information
- Our partners, contractors, and service providers, to assist us with the operation of Qtopia and its events and support services.
- Any other party authorised by you or to whom we are required or authorised to disclose personal information in accordance with applicable law.
We require any third parties to adhere to our confidentiality requirements and to the requirements of the Privacy Act 2020.
Storage of personal information
Security of your information is very important to us. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to protect personal information that we hold, such as storing it in an access controlled system and only allowing certain members of the organisation access to it.
We rely on you to update us if your contact details change. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access and correction of personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to access and request correction of any personal information that we hold about you. Please email us at email@example.com